Performance Appraisals (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 2 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $20
Managers need to provide fair and accurate performance appraisals to their employees, but the result is sometimes muddled and stressful. The Performance Appraisals course provides guidance by describing every step in the appraisal process, including preparatory work by the manager and employee, the performance discussion, and how to handle the more difficult topics. The course also addresses the performance appraisal review form and the development plan, as well as the different types of performance review models and the situations in which they are most applicable. In addition, it describes how to mitigate some negative aspects of the process. In short, the course can be used to create a more effective and less stressful performance evaluation process.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: HR1009
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. The Good and Bad Sides of Performance Appraisals
Chapter 2. The Performance Appraisal Process
Chapter 3. Performance Review Models
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of performance appraisals.
- Note the various steps that can be taken to mitigate the problems with performance appraisals.
- Cite the issues that can arise when no performance appraisal system is used.
- Recognize the different types of documentation that a manager may review to prepare for a performance appraisal.
- Recognize the differences between qualitative and quantitative measures of employee performance.
- Note the different forms of presentation that can be used in a performance appraisal report.
- Recognize the characteristics of an ideal meeting place for a performance appraisal.
- Note the problems with downplaying the negatives in a performance appraisal.
- Cite the discussion topics that should be addressed in a performance appraisal.
- Recognize the different types of performance review models and their characteristics.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Personnel/Human Resources
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.