Employee Onboarding (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 2 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $20
Many new hires begin searching for a new job shortly after they are hired. What can be done to reduce this turnover? The Employee Onboarding course provides a solution - using onboarding activities to more easily assimilate new hires into the organization and shorten the time needed before they become productive members of the organization. The course covers many types of orientation and the need for ongoing performance reviews and surveys, as well as the support of peer advisors, mentors and coaches at various phases of the onboarding process. The course also covers measurement systems, a new employee checklist, and a number of special onboarding challenges. When fully implemented, the concepts covered by this course can put a noticeable dent in your new hire turnover rate.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: HR1007
- Recognize the impact of a high rate of employee turnover.
- Describe the activities taken before a new hire starts work.
- Cite the discussion items that a hiring manager has with the department staff when a new person is hired.
- Note the desirable traits of a peer advisor.
- Describe when a peer advisor program should be used.
- Recognize the different aspects of departmental training.
- Describe the types of people who should be introduced to a new hire.
- Describe how a competency chart is used.
- Note the contents of a typical new hire portal.
- Recognize the contents of a new employee checklist.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Personnel/Human Resources
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.