Coaching and Mentoring (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 3 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $30
The Coaching and Mentoring course discusses how to engage in the coaching and mentoring of employees, so that the results of these engagements are maximized. Topics covered include coaching models, the types of questions to use, how to issue feedback, session preparation, the different types of mentoring arrangements, and more.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: HR1006
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Coaching
Chapter 2. Mentoring
- Identify the improvement areas targeted by coaching.
- Note the difference between teaching and coaching.
- Recognize those situations in which coaching may not be accepted within an organization.
- Recall the contents of a coaching session.
- Note the differences between open and closed questions.
- Identify the methods used to deal with silent employees.
- Recognize the characteristics of successful executive coaches.
- Recall the different types of mistakes that a coach can make during a coaching session.
- Identify the tools that an efficient and effective coach may use.
- Note the ground rules for a mentoring relationship.
- Recognize the contents of a mentoring work plan.
- Recall the circumstances under which a mentoring arrangement should be terminated.
- Note the indicators of a good potential mentee.
- Identify the behaviors of poor mentees.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Personnel/Human Resources
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.