Succession Planning (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 3 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $30
The Succession Planning course describes every aspect of succession planning – its advantages, the steps involved in operating the program, and ways to enhance its effectiveness. The course also addresses training systems for employees targeted for advancement, special issues related to succession planning for the chief executive officer position, and the measurements that can be used to determine the performance of the program..
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: HR1008
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Succession Planning
Chapter 2. The Succession Planning Process
Chapter 3. Succession Training
Chapter 4. CEO Succession Planning
Chapter 5. Succession Planning Metrics
Chapter 6. Succession Planning Failures
- Recognize the costs of recruiting and onboarding.
- Note who might be included in the different types of talent pools.
- Describe the characteristics of someone who is ready for promotion.
- Cite the differences between succession planning and backup planning.
- Recognize what constitutes leadership competency.
- Note the indicators of a key position.
- Describe the techniques that can be used to make a succession planning program more effective.
- Cite the training methods that can be used to enhance employee capabilities.
- Recognize the uses to which coaching can be put.
- Describe the problems associated with hiring a CEO from the outside.
- Note the characteristics of an insecure CEO.
- Identify the types of costs that can be incurred to replace an employee.
- Recognize the different causes of unavoidable turnover.
- Recognize the organizational structures that tend to block employee advancement.
- Note the methods that can be used to retain employees.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Personnel/Human Resources
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.