Recruiting and Hiring (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 4 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $40
The Recruiting and Hiring course shows how to create a job specification, and the many methods available for locating the most highly qualified candidates for a position. The course also describes general hiring principles, preliminary screening activities, how to conduct an interview, and the best way to manage the reference checking process. The course also notes how to evaluate candidates, describes the job offer, addresses how to handle counteroffers, and several related topics.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: HR1004
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Recruiting
Chapter 2. Hiring
- Identify the options for not recruiting more employees.
- Note the steps involved in recruiting for specific people.
- Recognize the different types of marketing used in recruiting.
- Recall the methods used to bulk hire employees.
- Note how the job bidding process works.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of poaching as a recruiting tactic.
- Recognize the uses to which a job application form can be put.
- Recall the techniques for extracting information from a resume.
- Identify the situations in which telephone screening might be used.
- Note the reasons why interviews are used, and how interviews can be made more efficient.
- Recognize the circumstances under which a high-pressure interview is a reasonable tactic.
- Recall the red flags that can arise from the interviewing process.
- Note the different effects that can skew perceptions in the interviewing process.
- Identify the contents of an offer letter and employment contract.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Personnel/Human Resources
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.