How to Run a Meeting (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 2 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $20
This course discusses the sequence of events that should be followed to ensure that a meeting is successful. It also notes the different types of decision-making processes that can be used in a meeting, as well as the attributes of the ideal meeting leader. The course covers numerous other topics, including dealing with problem employees and the best meeting room layout.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: PD0004
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. The Sequence of Meeting Events
Chapter 2. Group Decision Making
Chapter 3. The Meeting Room
Chapter 4. Attributes of the Meeting Leader
Chapter 5. Additional Meeting Topics
- Recognize the types of people who attend meetings.
- Describe the problems caused when too many people attend a meeting.
- Cite the characteristics of the different types of meetings.
- Note the types of information included in a post-meeting memo.
- Describe the circumstances under which a consensus building process can go wrong.
- Recognize the methods used to mitigate an excessive amount of group uniformity.
- Describe how to deal with differing room sizes.
- Describe the characteristics of the different types of questions.
- Note the techniques used to deal with recurring meetings, large meetings, and small meetings.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Personal Development
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.