Developing and Managing Teams (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 4 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $40
This course describes when to use teams, why it is critical to staff a team with a mix of personality types, and how to develop a high-performing team. The course also notes the importance of emotional intelligence, conflict resolution, and consensus building. It addresses many additional team topics, including how to manage a team, self-directed teams, and the decision-making process within a team.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: BM1001
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction to Teams
Chapter 2. Development of Teams
Chapter 3. Team Management
Chapter 4. Team Decision Making
Chapter 5. Dispersed Teams
- Recognize the essential components of a team, the types of teams that can be formed, and their purposes.
- Identify the types of team players and the characteristics of each one.
- Note the issues experienced by ineffective teams.
- Recognize the characteristics shared by the best team members.
- Note the impact of team size on a team.
- Understand the value and concerns associated with each type of communication method.
- Note the characteristics of an effective team.
- Recognize the different types of listening that a team member can employ.
- Identify the steps that can be taken to create a culture that favors teams.
- Note the types of decision-making systems that a team can use, when they work best, and when they can go wrong.
- Identify the approaches that can be used to improve the quality of team decisions.
- Recognize situations in which a team may be dispersed.
- Note how to create an emotional connection between the members of a dispersed team.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Business Management & Organization
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.