Change Management (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 3 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $30
This course is designed to assist the reader in conducting major change initiatives. It focuses on the many pitfalls that can cause failure, as well as the best change management process for improving the odds of success. The course also notes the characteristics of the person who should lead a change initiative, and how to deal with the conflicts that are frequently triggered by a major change.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: BM1004
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Overview of Change Management
Chapter 2. The Change Management Process
Chapter 3. Change Leadership
Chapter 4. Conflict Management
Chapter 5. Evolutionary Change
Chapter 6. Transformational Change
- Identify the situations in which change initiatives may and may not be needed.
- Describe how a manager decides which change initiatives to pursue.
- Recognize the characteristics of an environment in which a change initiative is difficult to operate.
- Recall the circumstances under which a project has been properly structured to succeed.
- Describe how consultants should be used in a change initiative.
- Identify the reasons why a business may be mired in complacency.
- Recall the issues for which a prospective vision statement should be tested.
- Identify the methods used to keep a change from reverting back to the previous state.
- Note the reasons why the results garnered from a change initiative may backslide.
- Recognize the differences between a leader and a manager.
- Describe the different types of change agents.
- Identify the different methods used to deal with conflict.
- Note the circumstances under which evolutionary change works best.
- Recall the types of positions needed to support a transformational effort.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Business Management & Organization
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.