Position Description: General Ledger Clerk | General Ledger Accountant
Basic Function: The general ledger clerk position is accountable for creating journal entries and assembling supporting documentation, as well as for tracking the contents of accounts, creating portions of the financial statements, and writing related disclosures. The job description for a general ledger accountant is essentially the same, perhaps implying a somewhat higher level of experience or seniority than the clerk title.
- Maintain a master list of monthly journal entries
- Record supporting information for all journal entries
- Enter all journal entries into the accounting software
- Ensure that reversing entries occur
- Create recurring journal entry templates
- Ensure that recurring entries are changed or terminated at appropriate trigger points
- Maintain detailed listings of the contents of all balance sheet accounts
- Assist auditors with journal entry examinations
- Assist in the production of financial statements
- Assist in writing footnotes to the financial statements
- Assist in writing SEC disclosures and supporting tables
Desired Qualifications: 3+ years of general ledger experience. Bachelor's degree in business or accounting preferred. Must be detail oriented.