State License Information
AccountingTools is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. This registration includes the old Quality Assurance Service (QAS) designation.
Most state boards of accountancy accept courses that meet the NASBA standards. However, the state boards can accept or reject any course, so check with your state board if you have a question concerning their requirements. For the most recent information about the CPE requirements for each state, access this link: http://www.nasba.org/stateboards.
The applicability of AccountingTools courses in certain states requiring additional registration is as follows:
- Hawaii. AccountingTools has been approved by the Hawaii Board of Public Accountancy to offer CPE courses. The AccountingTools ID number is 13006.
- Mississippi. The Ethics for Mississippi course offered by AccountingTools has been approved by the Mississippi State Board of Public Accountancy (MSBPA). We report ethics course completion information directly to the MSBPA.
- Ohio. AccountingTools, Inc. has been approved as a professional standards and responsibilities course sponsor by the Accountancy Board of Ohio, under sponsor number CPE.353.
- Texas. Texas requires sponsors to individually register with it as a continuing education sponsor. AccountingTools is registered with Texas under sponsor number 010072. This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the Texas State Board of Accountancy in regard to the quality of our CPE programs.
- Washington. The Ethics for Washington course offered by AccountingTools has been approved by the Washington State Board of Accountancy.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.