Revenue Management (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 3 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $30
The Revenue Management course shows how to increase revenues and profits by adjusting the prices offered to customers. It does so by addressing both the overall pricing strategy of a business and the many day-to-day pricing tactics that can be employed within that overall strategy. Examples of revenue management tactics are bundling and unbundling, dynamic pricing, overbooking, reference pricing, and special financing offers. The course goes on to describe rate fences and other tools to keep discount offers away from full-price customers, as well as revenue management complications and the long-term effects of these activities. In total, the course presents the user with a multitude of options to consider for enhancing the financial performance of a business.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: FN1027
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. The Strategy of Pricing
Chapter 2. Revenue Management Tactics
- Recognize the different types of strategic pricing options and their characteristics.
- Note the advantages and disadvantages of contribution margin pricing.
- Cite the different types of incremental costs associated with revenue management.
- Recognize the situations in which coupons and other promotions are most effective.
- Note the circumstances under which pricing adjustments can increase revenues.
- Note the situations in which bundling and unbundling can be favorable revenue management tools.
- Recognize the purposes to which markdown management software can be put.
- Note the different types of revenue management activities used by airlines, hotels, and restaurants.
- Understand how price positioning can skew the purchasing decisions of customers.
- Recognize reference prices and their impact on the shopping decisions of customers.
- Note how profits can be increased by using volume purchase discounts.
- Recognize the tools used to restrict the volume of sales at certain price points.
- Cite the types of revenue boosts that are linked to high levels of customer satisfaction.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Finance
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.