How to Conduct a Review Engagement (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 2 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $20
A review engagement involves a significantly reduced set of activities from an audit engagement, with a focus on analytical procedures and inquiries. In How to Conduct a Review Engagement, we describe the nature of these analytical procedures and inquiries, as well as every other aspect of a review engagement, including the engagement letter, representation letter, and accountant’s review report. This course is based on SSARS 21, Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services: Clarification and Recodification.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: AU1015
- Recognize the situations in which the accountant cannot accept a review engagement.
- List the contents of an engagement letter.
- Cite the reasons why the accountant needs an adequate knowledge of the client’s business.
- Describe the different types of analytical procedures that can be used as part of a review engagement.
- List the different types of inquires that an accountant would make as part of a review engagement.
- Describe the decision criteria for judging whether an uncorrected misstatement is material.
- Recognize the types of evidence indicating that a client may not be able to continue as a going concern.
- Recognize the available methods for keeping a review report from being used in the future by a client.
- Cite the contents of a representation letter.
- Recognize how the accountant handles a client request to use financial statements prepared in accordance with a special purpose framework.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Auditing
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.