Ethics for Accountants: Indiana (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 4 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $40
This course meets the ethics CPE requirement for CPAs in states that require a general course in regulatory or professional ethics. It covers current issues and special topics in ethics in the accounting profession and the 2015 AICPA Code of Professional Conduct. The Indiana Board of Accountancy Code of Professional Conduct (Title 872, Rule 2) and the Board's FAQ on CPE requirements are included in the Appendix.
Author: Beacon Hill Financial Educators
Course Number: ET1040
- Define ethics in the context of being ethical versus acting ethically.
- Identify the types of accounting services in which the fiduciary standard applies.
- Recognize the circumstances under which conflicts of interest can arise when a variety of accounting services are offered by a CPA or firm.
- Differentiate between rules-based, principles-based, and objectives-oriented accounting.
- Recognize the recent developments in reporting and standards-setting for small and medium-sized businesses and firms conducting business overseas.
- Interpret recent ethical inquires received by the AICPA.
- Recognize the primary components that serve as the foundation of the AICPA ethical standards.
- Recognize the AICPA Principles of the Code of Professional Conduct.
- Recognize the AICPA Rules of the Code of Professional Conduct.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Ethics (non regulatory)
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.