Ethics for Accountants: Arkansas (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 3 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $30
This course covers current ethical issues and special topics in the accounting profession and the newly revised and codified 2015 edition of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct (with examples and case studies). The course provides three of the four ethics CPE credit hours required by the Arkansas State Board of Public Accountancy, to be completed during the three-year license cycle. In addition to a three-hour course on professional/regulatory ethics, licensees must take the one-hour ASBPA Ethics Course, which is available for free from the ASBPA's website.
Author: Beacon Hill Financial Educators
Course Number: ET1038
- Define ethics in the context of being ethical versus acting ethically.
- Identify the types of accounting services in which the fiduciary standard applies.
- Recognize the circumstances under which conflicts of interest can arise when a variety of accounting services are offered by a CPA or firm.
- Differentiate between rules-based, principles-based, and objectives-oriented accounting.
- Recognize the recent developments in reporting and standards-setting for small and medium-sized businesses and firms conducting business overseas.
- Interpret recent ethical inquires received by the AICPA.
- Recognize the primary components that serve as the foundation of the AICPA ethical standards.
- Distinguish between the AICPA Principles of Professional Conduct.
- Distinguish between the AICPA Rules of the Code of Professional Conduct.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Ethics (non regulatory)
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.