Effective Collections (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 2 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $20
This course gives the accountant a complete set of tools for how to collect overdue invoices from customers, thereby accelerating cash flows and reducing the need for alternative forms of financing. The techniques covered include courtesy calls, dunning letters, salesperson assistance, arbitration, collection agencies, small claims court, and involuntary bankruptcy. The course shows the accountant how to select a reputable collection agency and monitor its operations, and also provides advice about when it makes sense to engage in litigation.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: AC1114
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Collection Tactics
Chapter 2: The Collection Agency
Chapter 3: Litigation and Bankruptcy Tactics
- Recognize the different types of collection tactics.
- Note the situations in which A-B testing can be applied to collections.
- Describe how a postdated check should be handled.
- Cite the types of fee arrangements used with collection agencies.
- Note the alternative areas of expertise that some collection agencies have developed.
- Describe the criteria that can be used to select a collection agency.
- Cite the legal techniques that can be used to gain a more rapid resolution of a lawsuit.
- Note the circumstances under which litigation should or should not be pursued.
- Recognize the situations in which a litigation solution is indicated.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Accounting
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.