Crowdfunding (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 2 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $20
This course discusses the fundraising opportunities available to a business that wants to use crowdfunding. It addresses the types of crowdfunding, the risks involved, and the details of the Regulation Crowdfunding, which governs how a business can sell shares via crowdfunding. The course also covers several alternatives to crowdfunding that may be more relevant to an organization’s financial needs, as well as several ways to derive a stock price at which to sell shares.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: FN1026
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Crowdfunding Overview
Chapter 2. Regulation Crowdfunding
Chapter 3. Regulation D and Regulation A+
Chapter 4. Stock Valuation
- Describe the building blocks of crowdfunding.
- Note the advantages of crowdfunding and the situations in which it is most applicable.
- Cite the risks taken on by an investor in a crowdfunding campaign.
- Describe the process used to run a crowdfunding campaign.
- Recognize the situations in which the Regulation Crowdfunding can be used.
- Recognize the different types of forms that must be filed as part of a Regulation Crowdfunding campaign.
- Describe the different types of rights that may be given to investors.
- Note the characteristics of a Rule 504 exemption.
- Recognize the approaches that can be used to arrive at a valuation for a business, and when these valuations may be incorrect.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Finance
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.