Corporate Bankruptcy (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 2 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $20
Bankruptcy can be a useful tool for restructuring the finances of a business, or to liquidate operations in an orderly manner. This course discusses the choices available to the manager who is looking for a way out of a difficult financial dilemma, and who needs to understand the choices available, their ramifications, and the process flow for the bankruptcy process. The course also addresses core bankruptcy concepts, such as the automatic stay, first day motions, voidable preferences, substantive consolidation, asset sales, the cramdown option, and much more.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course number: BL0001
- Recognize the legal underpinnings of creditor actions to seize debtor assets.
- Specify how a lien is used and what happens when an asset is sold that has a lien attached to it.
- Cite the best point in time at which to file for bankruptcy protection.
- Identify the debt adjustments usually made as the result of a workout arrangement.
- State the circumstances under which an involuntary bankruptcy petition can be filed.
- Describe the group represented by a creditors’ committee.
- Specify the contents of a bankruptcy plan.
- Cite the various ways in which a court can oversee the activities of a debtor under bankruptcy protection.
- Recognize the priorities for the payment of administrative expenses.
- Cite the different financial statements that must be issued by an entity using the liquidation basis of accounting.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Business Law
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.