New Controller Guidebook (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 18 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $120
The New Controller Guidebook covers every aspect of being a controller, including the management of accounts payable, cash, credit, collections, inventory, payroll, and more. The course also shows you how to close the books, which reports to issue to the management team, how to create a budget, and how to select and install an accounting computer system.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: AC1029
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. The Controller Job Description
Chapter 2. Cash Management
Chapter 3. Credit and Collections Management
Chapter 4. Billing Management
Chapter 5. Inventory Management
Chapter 6. Fixed Assets Management
Chapter 7. Accounts Payable Management
Chapter 8. Equity Management
Chapter 9. Payroll Management
Chapter 10. Department Management
Chapter 11. Closing the Books
Chapter 12. The Financial Statements
Chapter 13. Public Company Financial Reporting
Chapter 14. Management Reports
Chapter 15. Ratio Analysis
Chapter 16. Budgeting
Chapter 17. Capital Budgeting
Chapter 18. Computer System Selection and Installation
- Recognize the functions of the controller position, and which functions do not involve the controller.
- Identify the considerations involved in creating a system of measurements.
- Identify the key elements of the accounting for cash.
- Note the measurements that can be applied to the credit and collection processes.
- Cite the techniques and accounting used for credit and collections.
- State the main aspects of billing preparation and accounting.
- Recognize the systems used to calculate the cost of inventory.
- Identify the key elements of the accounting for fixed assets.
- Cite the major accounts payable processes.
- Identify the key elements of the accounting for equity.
- Recognize the techniques used to improve the processing of payroll.
- Itemize the methods used to establish a system of management over the accounting department.
- Cite the main steps used to close the books.
- State the reports that comprise the financial statements.
- State the concepts and tests needed to create public company financial statements.
- Cite the types of management reports that the controller should produce.
- Itemize the ratios that can be used by the controller.
- Recognize the component parts of a company’s budget.
- Identify the main methods used to investigate requests for capital spending.
- Note the uses to which a post installation review can be put.
- Cite the considerations involved in the selection of a computer system.
- Describe the nature of a bidders conference.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Accounting
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.