Conflict Management (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 4 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $40
This course discusses the causes of conflict, the choices available for how to deal with it, how to assess a conflict, and how to work through a conversation to resolve the issue. The course also addresses specific conflict situations and how they can be resolved, as well as the use of dispute resolution systems.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: PD0006
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Conflict Management
Chapter 2. Conflict Management Alternatives
Chapter 3. Conflict Assessment
Chapter 4. The Conversation
Chapter 5. Conflict Situations
Chapter 6. Project Conflicts
Chapter 7. Conflict Prevention and Positive Outcomes
- Recognize the effects of a conflict spiral.
- Note when it is possible to ignore a conflict, as well as the negative effects of doing so.
- Recognize when conflict-related turnover is most likely to occur.
- Note the situations in which a conflict may not be triggered by individuals.
- Describe the styles people use when they engage in conflict.
- Cite the conflict styles of different types of companies.
- Recognize the arguments on both sides of delaying a conflict discussion.
- Describe the means by which a tense situation can be deflated.
- Recognize the objectives behind asking questions.
- Note the benefits and problems associated with various conversational gambits.
- Describe the means available for dealing with angry employees.
- Cite the indicators of and ways to prevent bullying.
- Recognize the circumstances in which e-mail conflicts can be either dealt with or ignored.
- Describe the possible outcomes of a business partner conflict.
- Recognize the different sources of conflict on a project.
- Note the process flow for resolving a conflict related to a project.
- Describe the screening criteria for managers.
- Note how the negative effects of the rumor mill can be mitigated.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Personal Development
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.