Business Valuation (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 3 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $30
This course explores the full range of valuation methods that can be used to derive a business valuation. The course notes the circumstances under which each method should be used, and also describes how to sort through situations in which a range of valuations are indicated. The course goes on to describe valuation methods for intangible assets, a number of valuation adjustment factors, valuation mistakes, and similar topics.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: FN1025
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Business Valuation
Chapter 2. Additional Valuation Subjects
- Identify the situations in which a business valuation may be needed.
- Note the presence of going concern indicators.
- Recognize the calculation methods used for each of the valuation methodologies.
- Recall how the cost of capital is derived, including the proper derivation of beta.
- Note how scenario analysis can be used to refine the discounted cash flows model.
- Identify the circumstances under which premiums and discounts are applied to a valuation.
- Recognize the different types of intangible assets.
- Recall the different methods available for assigning valuations to intangible assets.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Finance
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.