Business Insurance Fundamentals (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 3 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $30
Every business needs insurance to mitigate its exposure to risk. This course is designed to enhance one's knowledge of business insurance by providing an overview of the insurance industry, including the operations and distribution systems of insurers. It also notes the more common insurance policy terms and conditions, the types of insurance most applicable to businesses, and how to manage and account for insurance. There is a particular emphasis on managing the cost of insurance. In short, this course shows how to determine which risks require insurance and which types of insurance to buy.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: FN1023
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Overview of Business Insurance
Chapter 2. Types of Business Insurance
Chapter 3. Insurance Management
- Recognize the types of insurance offered by insurers.
- Identify the classifications of sellers of insurance products.
- Note the measurements used to judge the performance of insurers.
- Recognize the conditions needed for a risk to be insurable.
- Identify the reasons for the different clauses used in an insurance contract.
- Note the benefits and problems associated with each type of insurance.
- Identify the differences between the various types of life insurance.
- Recognize the methods used to reduce the cost of insurance.
- Note the circumstances under which self-funded insurance might be successful.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Finance
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.