Position Description: Internal Auditor
Basic Function: The internal auditor position is accountable for the examination and evaluation of company processes, reporting findings back to management in regard to possible improvements and corrections. This individual reports to the internal audit manager.
- Perform risk assessments.
- Create an audit plan.
- Obtain and evaluate internal accounting and operational documentation.
- Develop recommendations and formulate cost saving actions.
- Prepare and present reports regarding findings.
- Conduct follow-up audits.
- Provide ad hoc advice to employees regarding issues found and how to remediate them.
Desired Qualifications: A bachelor's degree in accounting, as well as excellent analysis and presentation skills. Should also have excellent report-writing skills. Must be able to work with little supervision. The Certified Internal Auditor certification is preferred.
Working Conditions: The internal auditor generally works in an office environment, but is expected to be highly familiar with all production operations, and to regularly visit all significant company operations.
Commentary: This position requires a high level of interpersonal skills, since internal auditors are expected to constantly interact with department personnel throughout the company. The internal auditor can act as an in-house consultant for department managers, providing them with valuable advice regarding how to improve their operations.