Accounting for Vineyards and Wineries (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 2 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $20
The operations of a vineyard or winery present unique issues for the accountant that require alterations to its chart of accounts, costing system, and many of its procedures. Accounting for Vineyards and Wineries pays particular attention to the unique aspects of the industry that are not encountered elsewhere, such as the capitalization of vineyard costs, depletion allowances, and the allocation of costs to cased goods. In short, this course is an essential desk reference for anyone engaged in the accounting for a vineyard or winery.
Author: Steven Bragg
Course Number: AC1122
- Recognize the circumstances under which a vineyard could use the cash basis of accounting.
- Identify the asset, liability, equity, revenue, and expense accounts that would be used by a vineyard or winery.
- Specify the steps followed in the winemaking process.
- Recognize the useful lives that may be assigned to fixed assets.
- Specify the rules related to the capitalization of interest costs.
- Recognize the process used to allocate costs to wine.
- Differentiate between direct costs, period costs, and allocable costs.
- Identify the information sources used to derive the gallon/months calculation.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Accounting
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.