Small Audit Practice Set
Author: Larry L. Perry
||PDF and Excel Version
Practice Set Description
The Small Audit Practice Set contains a case description and requirements, illustrative risk assessment forms, illustrative tests of balances program and a working paper templates file with evidence from completed audit procedures, indexing and tickmarks. Users should review the materials, evaluate the sufficiency of the procedures and determine any additional work that may be necessary. All audit engagement personnel in CPA firms and in internal audit departments of reporting entities will benefit from completing the case study. (Note: These materials do not provide CPE credit)
Case Study Objectives
- To apply required auditing standards to an audit of a small entity.
- To illustrate the content and purpose of various practice aids.
- To illustrate the documentation of auditing procedures in working papers with indexing, tickmarks and descriptions of the results of the procedures.
- To facilitate the review of audit documentation and the determination of the sufficiency of audit procedures.
- To provide a training tool for CPA firm and internal auditors.