Excel Tools and Tips for the CPA (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 2.5 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $25
This course is designed for the intermediate users of Excel 2013 and 2016 who are looking to improve their productivity and to learn some cool new Excel skills. The course covers some basics, along with advanced tips and tricks on selecting, navigating as well as copying and moving data efficiently. It also covers a spectrum of functions that can be used in everyday practice. Functions such as SUBTOTAL, SUMIF, SUMIFs as well as INDEX MATCH are discussed. New functions, such as AGGREGATE, IFNA,TEXTJOIN and IFS functions are covered. Comparing lists using arrays is overviewed. Pivot tables are discussed in detail. Other topics include: functions and tools for importing data into Excel, conditional formatting, and charts. There are no associated Excel files.
Author: Mill Creek Publishing
Course Number: SP1014
- Recognize different short cut keys and what they do
- Recognize the steps needed to pin a file
- Identify and create range names
- Recognize different ways to navigate within and between Excel workbooks
- Identify some of Excel’s new features and functions
- Recognize different copy and move methods
- Identify different types of formatting and how to apply them
- Identify different functions and formulas and when to apply them
- Recognize the different components of a Pivot Table and how to create and edit them
- Identify types of charts to use and how to create them
- Identify features that allow you to evaluate the workings of formulas and functions
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Specialized Knowledge
Prerequisites: Knowledge of Excel and how to create a formula and function.
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.