Ethics for Accountants: Minnesota (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 8 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $80
This course is designed to meet the eight-hour ethics CPE requirement for CPAs renewing their licenses in Minnesota. It covers current ethical issues and special topics in the accounting profession, an introduction to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct (with examples and case studies), and the Minnesota Statutes and Board of Accountancy Rules.
Author: Beacon Hill Financial Educators
Course Number: ET1056
- Define ethics in the context of being ethical versus acting ethically.
- Identify the types of accounting services in which the fiduciary standard applies.
- Recognize the circumstances under which conflicts of interest can arise when a variety of accounting services are offered by a CPA or firm.
- Differentiate between rules-based, principles-based, and objectives-oriented accounting.
- Recognize the recent developments in reporting and standards-setting for small and medium-sized businesses and firms conducting business overseas.
- Interpret recent ethical inquires received by the AICPA.
- Recognize the primary components that serve as the foundation of the AICPA ethical standards.
- Distinguish between the AICPA Principles of Professional Conduct.
- Distinguish between the AICPA Rules of the Code of Professional Conduct.
- Define the key terminology used in the Statutes and Rules.
- Recognize the primary requirements and procedures for renewal of Minnesota individual licenses and firm permits.
- Define the enforcement procedures of the Board with respect to violations of the rules by licensees and firms.
- Define the continuing professional education requirements for licensees.
- Recognize the requirements for peer review.
- Define the rules with respect to professional conduct.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Ethics (non regulatory)
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.