Creating Effective Charts (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 3 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $30
This course describes how to create charts using Excel 2007 or Excel 2010 software. The material describes how to create, edit, and customize charts, as well as how to switch between different chart types. The course also delves into a number of more specialized topics, such as scaling, printing, and linking.
Author: Mill Creek Publishing
Course Number: SP1011
- Differentiate between the different chart types and recognize their components so that they can select the appropriate chart type to use for a particular presentation.
- Recognize the different steps involved in creating charts.
- Recognize how to edit existing charts by resizing, changing chart type, moving chart elements and adding/ deleting data series by using contextual tabs menus and short cut keys
- Recognize how to apply formatting techniques, such as colors and inserting objects such as graphics, to a chart.
- Recognize the default chart type.
- Recognize the steps required to create custom chart types and how to save them as templates to improve efficiency.
- Differentiate between the different methodologies of linking Excel data and using static Excel data into PowerPoint presentations.
- Recognize how fonts, colors, graphics, documentation and printing can impact the professionalism of a PowerPoint presentation.
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Specialized Knowledge
Prerequisites: Excel 2007 or 2010 software is needed. A basic understanding of file management (how to open and save files) is assumed. You should be comfortable using Excel at a basic level.
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.