Total quality control is a broad-ranging set of techniques that are employed to minimize errors throughout an organization. By doing so, an organization can greatly improve both its profits and customer satisfaction. This approach involves a number of concepts, which include:
- The customer's perception of quality is what matters.
- Every employee must be involved in the effort, which calls for a large amount of empowerment.
- Error reduction focuses on process improvements.
- Processes must continually be improved, so there is no end to the total quality control effort.
- There must be continual feedback loops and close integration of motivational tools with the quality improvement goal.