Position Description: Tax Accountant
Basic Function: The tax accountant position is accountable for the collection of tax-related information, reporting to taxation authorities at the federal, state, county, and local levels in a timely manner, and advising management on the tax impact of various corporate strategies.
- Devise tax strategies to defer or eliminate tax payments
- Create tax data collection systems
- Complete required tax reporting in a timely manner
- Prepare and update tax provision schedules
- Update the company sales tax database as tax rates change
- Coordinate audits by various taxation authorities
- Research and correct process errors that caused incorrect tax filings
- Negotiate with tax authorities over tax payment issues
- Research the basis for tax positions to be taken
- Advise management regarding the tax impact of corporate strategies
- Advise management on the impact of new laws on tax liabilities
- Coordinate outsourced tax preparation work
- Identify tax savings in prospective acquisition scenarios
Desired Qualifications: 3+ years of tax accounting experience. Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred, or a tax concentration within an accounting program. Must be detail oriented.