Position Description: Financial Analyst
Basic Function: The financial analyst position is accountable for reviewing larger investment proposals for return on investment, investigating a variety of internal financial and operational issues, and staying abreast of industry conditions and competitor activities.
- Investigate operational and financial results and make recommendations for improvements
Conduct cost-benefit analyses
- Review capital budgeting proposals and make acceptance recommendations to management
- Review indicators of business activity published by the government and trade associations
- Create forecasts of future business conditions using multiple scenarios
- Review and recommend different types of investments based on risk and return analysis
- Stay abreast of developments in those industries in which the company operates
- Prepare and periodically update an analysis of the industries in which the company operates
- Prepare and update a competitor analysis
- Create financial models using electronic spreadsheets
- Create PowerPoint presentations summarizing the results of analyses and present the results to senior management
Desired Qualifications: A masters degree in business administration or finance, with exceptional electronic spreadsheet construction skills and a working knowledge of statistics. Must have excellent communication and writing skills.