Accounts Receivable Best Practices (CPE Course)
CPE Credit: 2 hours
Course Type: Downloaded PDF materials with online test
Price (with PDF Textbook): $20
This course examines best practices in accounts receivable management. Accounts receivable management is associated with both credit and collections. The course explores each functional area, starting with the sales function, and the best practices that relate to accounts receivable management. Credit and collections are discussed, followed by accounts receivable management administrative best practices, which include portfolio review, internal controls and payment application. Banking best practices as they relate to accounts receivable management are explored last.
Author: Mill Creek Publishing
Course Number: AC1055
- Understand the importance of the billing, pricing and credit memo process to accounts receivable best practices
- Apply customer credit evaluation techniques
- Use the Altman Z score and other ratios in evaluating customers
- Understand non-traditional methods to secure customer payment
- Apply best practices to the collection function
- Appreciate the importance of customer account reconciliation and minimize the time spent on this activity
- Understand the importance of internal controls and the payment application function
- Be aware of technology available in the banking system to speed payment application and account reconciliation
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
NASBA Category: Accounting
Advance Preparation: None
Program Registration Requirements: Click on "Purchase Course" near the top of this page to pay for and access the course. You will then be able to download the course as a PDF file, then take an on-line examination, and then download a certificate of completion if you pass the examination.
Program Refund Policy: For more information regarding administrative policies concerning complaints, refunds, and other matters, see our policies page.
AccountingTools, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The NASBA sponsor identification number for Accountingtools, Inc. is 115881.
AccountingTools is an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider. We are compliant with the requirements for continuing education providers (as described in sections 10.6 and 10.9 of the Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 and in other IRS guidance, forms, and instructions). Our IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider number is 72821.