Cashier Job Description
Position Description: Cashier
Basic Function: The cashier position is accountable for error-free cash register operations, payment processing, and interactions with customers.
Accurately and efficiently operate cash registers
- Operate bar code scanning equipment
- Ensure that there is sufficient cash in the cash drawer
- Maintain correct cash balances at cash registers
- Sort, count and wrap coins and currency
- Process payments made with cash, checks, credit cards, and debit cards
- Process returns and exchanges
- Be aware of all promotions and advertisements that affect product prices
- Maintain a clean checkout area
- Communicate company policies and procedures to customers
- Gift wrap customer purchases as requested
Desired Qualifications: General clerical experience. Must be detail oriented, with excellent customer interaction skills. Must be able to stand for extended periods.